Sunday, March 27, 2016

5760x1080 (NVIDIA Surround) & Windows 8; Huge Tiles... What do I do? Tech Support

5760x1080 (NVIDIA Surround) & Windows 8; Huge Tiles... What do I do?

So I've got an NVIDIA surround setup, 1920x1080 x 3 (5760x1080).
When I'm on the Start screen, the tiles displayed are pretty darn huge, like, I only get 3 tiles from top to bottom in one column because each of the tiles are enormous.
Also, Firefox's title
bar is about 3 times the height of it's normal self.
What do?
Huge Tiles

------------------ Update: FIXED!

So, it seems there are a few entries in the registry that need to be addressed:

The first is called "MonitorSize" found in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Scaling.
You'll want to adjust whatever is there with your monitors dimensions, but here's the catch; If you have 3 monitors
acting as one, you'll want to add together the total amount of inches.
So instead of entering "23" or "27", you'll want to change it to "69" or "81".
The second few entries are called "Layout_AvailableHeightCells", "Layout_MaximumAvailableHeightCells", and "Layout_MaximumRowCount".
These are found here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell\Grid.
All I did was change each three of these values to 6.
???
Profit!

Final Result

Keys to the Problem 5760x1080 (NVIDIA Surround) & Windows 8; Huge Tiles... What do I do?

Download Error Fixer for Free Now

Hi, I have the same problem and had good hopes that the proposed fix would help.
But my problem is that I cannot find the first key.

The first is called "MonitorSize" found in:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Scaling. 

all is well until I try to find Scaling under the explorer tree.
Have tried in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE AND CURRENT_USER.

I can find the second key, unfortunately not the first.

thanks


I had the same problem and when I first tried to fix it more than a month ago I couldn't figure it out.
Now today I decided to give it a second shot and got it to work.
The solution is a real simple one, just create the missing key:
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
-> Right click on the folder -> New -> Key -> Name it "Scaling" -> Select that folder -> Right click -> New -> String Value -> Name it "MonitorSize" -> Select it and set the "Value data" to 3x your 1 monitor diagonal, like I2eflux suggested (I'm using 3 23
inch monitors, so I changed it to 69).

Then follow the second step (plus restart?) and you're good to go.
Icons that took more than 3 monitors to display are now taking about 1.2 monitors.
Many thanks to I2eflux.

Cleaning your computer, components, and peripherals help keep everything in good working condition and helps prevent germs from spreading. You can't image how dirty the inside of your computer case can get. All the dust and dirt is going to prevent proper air flow and may even prevent the fan from working.

Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: 5760x1080 (NVIDIA Surround) & Windows 8; Huge Tiles... What do I do?:

How to Fix 5760x1080 (NVIDIA Surround) & Windows 8; Huge Tiles... What do I do? with SmartPCFixer?

1. Download SmartPCFixer. Install it on your system.

2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.

3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.


Related:
Read More: 4 G Ram was installed in my computer but in system information it is written that only 3 are usable\/ Why? [Anwsered],Troubleshooting:434 Disk errors Error,Troubleshoot:4GB of RAM causes Computer to crash Error,Solution to Error: 32 bit? 64 bit?,How to Fix - 2 of the same internet pages loading at same time?,1440x900 Resolution will not change,4gb memory shows 3gb usable Windows 7,64g ssd with a 500g regular drive,530s - Push start button - fan only runs - orange light stays on - can only start by unplugging from power source and depressing start button. This must be done several times before it will start.,4 BCCcodes. What should i do?

No comments:

Post a Comment