Additional log on information may be required. Click to open your browser after running Windows Updates today. 11/13/12
The balloon notification in the system tray's network icon keeps popping up over and over "Additional log on information may be required.
Click to open your browser".
On clicking the browser opens to my homepage, and I clearly have an internet connection.
If I run the troubleshooter it tells me to click to show where to do the above task.
The page opens to the Microsoft Storer pushing Windows surface RT.
I navigated here and logged on, but the balloon keeps popping up.
When I click "check to see if the problem
is fixed, it tells me not fixed "You might need to sign up with this network's internet service provider (ISP) to get access to the internet.
The ballonn continues to pop up.
I am going to try to disable the icon and notifications as a workaround, or try system
restore to before the updates.
this happened on two Windows 7 machines.
I have a machine that runs Vista that was not affected.
Keys to the Problem Additional log on information may be required. Click to open your browser after running Windows Updates today. 11/13/12
OpenDNS Community > Forums > "Additional log on information may be required" pop up warning issue
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Additional log on information may be required. Click to open your browser after running Windows Updates today. 11/13/12:
How to Fix Additional log on information may be required. Click to open your browser after running Windows Updates today. 11/13/12 with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your system. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,How to Fix Error - Getting an error "not connected to the internet" while trying to install Samsung Kies?
,How to Fix - Internet Explorer shuts down and reopens tab when attaching to email or uploading files.?
,Fast Solution to Problem: Sending Error Message
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: [Anwsered] adobe flashplayer not working with internet explorer 9,address of cell with maximum or minimum value in a range,Fast Solution to Problem: Add year to a name then save it,Adding saved shortcuts to internet explorer from documents folder [Solved],Solution to Problem: After a recent update I cannot print from my email or internet, getting Error Line 2107 \"an error has occurred\",a file called mDNSResponse.exe. is causing bonjour not to operate properly,what should I do?,A QUESTION USING THE "IF'S" Formula.,A continuos flashing window with which title is C:Windows\System32\cmd.exe, and has the following message: The syntax of the command is incorrect.,Acrobat compatibility issue and you tube problems____,ActiveX on IE 9 not loaded