A strange line appearing on laptop monitor flickers when an object moves over it
Within the past few days I've noticed a rather annoying line that only appears when a window or icon is moved over it, it happens in one slim line on the top 25% of my monitor, the bottom part is unaffected and this is about it for the most part.
However there is also an annoying 'glitch', is the only word I can use for it, that happens from time to time; now my CPU isn't working hard by any means, but sometimes any window I might have open will for a moment say that it's not responding and then disappear
just as quickly as it appeared, as well as the entire window might flash and reveal the desktop for a split second and go back to normal.
I am using Windows 7 Ultimate and couldn't find any question like this so far, so I'm wondering, is it a setting that I'm currently using that's causing the problem or is there an update I need for my monitor drivers that I've yet to discover?
Anwsers to the Problem A strange line appearing on laptop monitor flickers when an object moves over it
Thank you for posting on Microsoft Answers Forums.
Check out my
sticky and try running the troubleshooters. If your system is ok, I would venture that it is a problem with your monitor.
If it’s under warranty I would suggest contacting your manufacturer.
If you require further assistance please come back and post, we are more than happy to help you out.
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
To install drivers and other optional updates
- To install optional updates, you need to review and then select them from the list of updates that Windows finds for your computer. Optional updates are not installed automatically.
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click View available updates.
- Select the optional updates that you want, and then click Install. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: A strange line appearing on laptop monitor flickers when an object moves over it:
How to Fix A strange line appearing on laptop monitor flickers when an object moves over it with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: [Solved] Applications have stopped working with SP1 on Windows 7!,[Solved] I can't find auto complete text in word 2007,[Solution] I need to keep reinstalling eHome Infrared Transceiver driver everytime my computer shuts down.,How to Resolve - system restore not working windows 7?,Unable to open embedded word file on the intranet. [Solved],Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Solution to Error: 8E5E03FA-could not get updates,Fast Solution to Problem: A lot of Blue Screen Errors,Troubleshooting:a app is stuck and won't quit downloading Error,A New Window Opens When I Search on Google [Solved],Tech Support: A problem with Windows Vista Enterprise,Cannot delete empty file icon on desktop...,Cannot download flashplayer,can't get the CIA review progrom install which is an older version,Cannot access one website-DNS server not responding.,Can't Receive or Send Vista Windows Mail - Router stopped recognizing DSL connection & wants to dial up