Appending data to table or list in Excel
I'd like to advice on the most efficient way to do the following:-
Every week or so, I have to download data from an online database.
I'm able to save the downloaded data in Excel format but other options are available too such as CSV.
I usually choose Excel since the information is immediately presented in a usable format.
At the start of the month I begin a sort of master spreadsheet.
At the end of the month I copy all the information from the weekly downloads and paste them into the master spreadsheet.
All the column headings in the master and weekly downloads are the same so I can just copy the weekly stuff and paste it straight into the master list.
The process seems a bit laborious and I feel there must be a better way to do this.
I suppose my questions are:
1) Does anyone have any idea for a more efficient method? I would have thought appending the weekly stuff straight onto the bottom of the master list would be more efficient but I cannot see a way to achieve this.
Even if I go to the first free row on
the master list, there appears no way to import another excel file, thereby avoiding all the copying and pasting?
2) Is this only something that can be done via macros?
3) If programming is the only option, can anyone point me in the right direction as I know almost nothing about macro programming?
4) Am I being stupid or is it not possible to import one excel file into another excel file?
I should say that it also does not appear possible to import the data directly from the web into the master worksheet.
I've tried this but it doesn't seem to work.
Anwsers to the Problem Appending data to table or list in Excel
- Click the Start button.
- In the Search box, type "regedit" (without quotes) and press Enter.
- Look for the following registry key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions".
- On the right window pane, delete the subkey: "Machine Throttling".
- Reboot your system.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Appending data to table or list in Excel:
How to Fix Appending data to table or list in Excel with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer. Install it on your system.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: error message fsui.exe/ wlidcli.dll is missing
,Solution to Error: Excel: Automatic number generation
,Troubleshoot:i wanna change language of all windows in Windows 7 Home Premium
,Troubleshooting:IF Function, if the vendor ID in column A matches any of the vendor ID's in column F, I want 1099 to appear in column D. Error
,Fast Solution to Problem: ReadyBoost is not working properly in my computer
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22),brclr.dll.mu_ Missing Error Fixer,How To Resolve Missing fin_myagtui.eng Problem,Corrupted f_0006ad File - How to Fix,nkebigvg.cpl Not Found Error Fixer,Corrupted olcontrols.ocx File - How to Fix
Read More: How to Fix - Almost all open applications crash simultaneously and \"randomly\"?,[Solution] append data to an access table,[Anwsered] All personal files deleted from laptop,How to Fix - amd radeon 6600m and 6700m series don't work in windows 8 ? what i do now ??,How to Fix Problem - Any suggestions on a tool that will scan my network for vulnerabilities??,After Windows Update CD/DVD drive does not work,After installing windows 7 to laptop the labels print out of line how can I fix it,After my computer sleeps the wireless always disconnects and will no reconnect,After signing into Pogo.com, I get a message" This tab has been recovered"....what does this mean and how do I fix it.....,All desktop icons changed to windows live and does not open