Applications freeze for a few seconds
Hey, in Windows 7 I have been trying to figure out why my programs are freezing up and after searching around for a while I found out about
KB2265716 and suspected this was the solution as my problem occurs even in safe mode and nothing really seems to be showing up as far as indicators of errors.
The freezing takes place between 30 seconds to 2 minutes and the applications can freeze separately,
allowing me to use another one, but it will likely freeze soon and all applications unfreeze at once.
No signs of virus's, ran an error checker and after looking around this might be the only answer but when I downloaded it and unzipped it, it said that "The
update is not applicable to your computer." and it's freshly installed, I just finished transporting everything to this computer.
Keys to the Problem Applications freeze for a few seconds
1. Since when are you facing this issue?
2. Are you getting any error while startup?
3. Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
4. Does all the application freezes or is it happening only for a particular application?
I suggest you to try the steps provided and check if it helps.
Run the performance troubleshooter and check if it helps.
Open the Performance troubleshooter:
Try a clean boot a check if it helps.
How to troubleshoot problems using clean boot in Windows 7:
Note: Once the troubleshooting is done, try the step 7 in the article to reset the computer as usual.
Also check the Event Viewer logs:
Hope it helps!
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Applications freeze for a few seconds:
How to Fix Applications freeze for a few seconds with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Run it, and it will scan your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: error message fsui.exe/ wlidcli.dll is missing
,Solution to Error: Excel: Automatic number generation
,Troubleshoot:i wanna change language of all windows in Windows 7 Home Premium
,Troubleshooting:IF Function, if the vendor ID in column A matches any of the vendor ID's in column F, I want 1099 to appear in column D. Error
,Fast Solution to Problem: ReadyBoost is not working properly in my computer
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22),brclr.dll.mu_ Missing Error Fixer,How To Resolve Missing fin_myagtui.eng Problem,Corrupted f_0006ad File - How to Fix,nkebigvg.cpl Not Found Error Fixer,Corrupted olcontrols.ocx File - How to Fix
Read More: Any way to disable the \"slow performance\" nag \/ aero drop out? Tech Support,Tech Support: Analysis Toolpak not accessible from data tab of ribbon in Excel 2007.,appcrash\/TRUSTEDINSTALLERS.exe...How do I re install this app...or un install this app?..on a vista 32 pc [Solved],Another Question Re: Using sumif [Anwsered],Troubleshooting:Am trying to get a listing of the last date an invoice was received from a supplier. Error,After Windows Update CD/DVD drive does not work,After installing windows 7 to laptop the labels print out of line how can I fix it,After my computer sleeps the wireless always disconnects and will no reconnect,After signing into Pogo.com, I get a message" This tab has been recovered"....what does this mean and how do I fix it.....,All desktop icons changed to windows live and does not open