Attachments from a Mac will not open in my Windows Live Mail
Original Title: "Live mail problem"
An attachment sent with an email from a friend who has a Mac will not open in my Windows 7, Live Mail. However, the same email and attachment goes to my laptop which has Vista and Windows mail and it opens.
Why won't the attachment open in Live mail?
Keys to the Problem Attachments from a Mac will not open in my Windows Live Mail
What is the extension? Maybe you do not have a program associated with that file type.
There could be something in Windows Live Mail blocking the attachment which needs to
be set differently.
Windows LiveMail has its own Forums so you should ALSO ask your questions there.
Windows Live Mail - Forums
Windows Live Solution Center - Mail Solutions - Mail Forums
Windows Live Mail - Mail Solutions
Hope this helps.
Rob Brown - MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.
Manually editing the Windows registry to fix Error Attachments from a Mac will not open in my Windows Live Mail
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Attachments from a Mac will not open in my Windows Live Mail:
How to Fix Attachments from a Mac will not open in my Windows Live Mail with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: Are Word Master Documents less corruptible in Office 2010? [Anwsered],Troubleshoot:Backup has stopped working. Error,Are there any known problems with users of Word 2007 and earlier versions filling in forms created in Word 2010? [Solved],Solution to Problem: As soon as I cut my computer on, I get Runtime Error, and Assert Failed, and a Application failed error in three different error boxes,Fast Solution to Problem: Back Up Error Codes - External Hard Drive-VSS Errors Volume Shadow Server,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?