Calculating a percentage based on row totals not grand total in pivot table
Below, the first 2 columns represent my pivot table.
What I want to do is create a calculated field to populate the last column.
That is, what percentage of Bob's time is related to Admin Tasks, Holiday, etc.
The number of "activities" per person can/does
change from month to month.
What is the best way to do this? Thank you!!
Sum of Hours
Anwsers to the Problem Calculating a percentage based on row totals not grand total in pivot table
Please take a look at:-
- item 148 where I have just put up a file for you.
I think it gives you what you want but not quite in the way that you have asked for it.
If you look at the pivot_table Worksheet this is what I think you want: it breaks down each person's activities in terms of percentage time spent on a specific task.
You have also got a total on the right that might be useful.
I have explained how to get back to your starting point in the pivot_table Worksheet.
In the underlying_data Worksheet columns E to H inclusive are superflous: I just used them to check numbers during the Workbook's construction.
If my comments have assisted please vote as helpful.
Windows Error Reporting - To Fix Calculating a percentage based on row totals not grand total in pivot table
- Go to Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Windows Error Reporting.
- Click on System and Maintenance, then click Problem Reports and Solutions.
- Next, click Change Settings located on the left side panel of the Problem Reports and Solutions window.
- Select an option to configure how you want Windows to look for a solution to your problems. You may allow Windows to do it automatically or ask you every time to check if problem occurs.
- Next, click the Advanced settings link.
- Select Off to turn off Error Reporting.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Calculating a percentage based on row totals not grand total in pivot table:
How to Fix Calculating a percentage based on row totals not grand total in pivot table with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your system. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: How to Download Toshiba Portege R500 HDD/SSD Alert Utility v.184.108.40.206 driver,Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A355-S69403 Motorola Modem Region Select Utility v.220.127.116.11 driver,Where to Download Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 HW Setup Utility v.2.00.11 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite L675-S7115 Laptop Checkup v.18.104.22.168 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite M645-S4080 Media Controller v.22.214.171.124 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: How to Fix - bug in Content Advisor constant pop ups Ratings Pol file?,How to Fix Problem - Bookmarks not being saved?,Fast Solution to Problem: Browsing Issues with Internet Explorer,Tech Support: BSOD (0x8e) by mpfltr.sys,Troubleshooter of Error: Bluetooth problems in windows 8.1,All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,all f1-f12 shortcuts not work