C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe is not a valid Win32 application
Every time I try to access Windows Media Player, I receive the following error message in a dialog box: C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe is not a valid Win32 application.
Until 12.27.09, I experienced no problems accessing wmplayer.
I'm a vocalist and store numerous songs in the WMP Library.
I access them weekly.
No unusual applications or add-ins have been added during the last week.
Keys to the Problem C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe is not a valid Win32 application
Many "Thanks" to SpiritX.
I tried all your recommendations; but unfortunately, none worked.
After two frustrating days of experimentation with different approaches, I finally decided to uninstall service Pack 2.
Now Windows Media player works fine.
- Click on the Start button on the Taskbar.
- Type "System Restore" (without quotes) in the Search box and hit Enter or,
- Click on System Restore (when you see System Restore pop up in the list of search results).
- Make sure the "Recommended restore" radio button is checked on the restore utility window.
- Click on Next and follow the instructions given.
Note: There is the option on the restore utility to select "Choose a different restore point". Unless you have a specific reason to select a different date and time than what Windows recommends, just select the recommended option stated in the steps above. If you choose to select another one, follow these steps:Click on that desired date and time, and Windows 7 will perform a scan for any affected programs in that restore point.
Once completed, click Next and follow the instructions given.
Once you have selected the restore point, your system will start the restoring process, after which you will have to restart the system.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe is not a valid Win32 application:
How to Fix C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe is not a valid Win32 application with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Run it, and it will scan your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: How to Download Toshiba Portege R500 HDD/SSD Alert Utility v.126.96.36.199 driver,Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A355-S69403 Motorola Modem Region Select Utility v.188.8.131.52 driver,Where to Download Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 HW Setup Utility v.2.00.11 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite L675-S7115 Laptop Checkup v.184.108.40.206 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite M645-S4080 Media Controller v.220.127.116.11 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: [Anwsered] BSOD- Stop 0x000000FE,BSOD tcpip.sys -- I've tried many recommendations to resolve this, still no luck [Solved],Troubleshooting:Browser closes when I am trying to read.,[Solved] BSOD on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit,Fast Solution to Error: C:\\Windows\\system32\\cmd.exe Box keeps reappearing after system reboot.,All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,all f1-f12 shortcuts not work