Creative Zen Vision:M with Windows 7
I have an old Creative Zen Vision:M which I have not used for a few years and decided to try using again.
When I first plugged it in, the computer recognised it as an MTP Device on Device manager.
(Zen also had the charging and docked icons).
However driver did not install correctly and I could not sync the player with WMP and the Creative Firmware update
software did not recognise the player was plugged in.
After looking on forums I rebooted the player which made no difference.
I then formatted the whole player.
After this the Creative Zen Firmware update software recognised the player was plugged in and I was able to update the firmware on the player to
the latest one.
Once this was done, the computer recognised the device as "My Zen" and I could sync the player with WMP (so happy!)
After thinking the whole problem was sorted I shut down my computer and the computer downloaded a few things from Windows Update.
The next morning I plugged my player into the computer and it did not even recognise the player at all and it does not show up on Device manager.
The only thing that happens when I plug in the player is that it switches on.
It is not even charging or
showing that it is docked.
I have tried rebooting and formatting but neither things make a difference.
I have deleted all creative software on the computer then reinstalled it.
I have tried everything I tried before but nothing will get the zen to be recognise the computer and
I am now in a worse situation than I was before because computer is not even recognising it as an MTP device.
Would really really appreciate some help! Have tried almost everything suggested in other forums.
Keys to the Problem Creative Zen Vision:M with Windows 7
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Creative Zen Vision:M with Windows 7:
How to Fix Creative Zen Vision:M with Windows 7 with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your system. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: How Can You Update & Download NVidia 6100, 6800 GS/XT Display Driver v.260.89 WHQL,Where to Download NVidia GeForce 8800 GT WHQL-certified driver v.196.21,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce Go 7400 Display Driver v.260.19.12,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 460M Driver v.331.82,Download NVidia Quadro Plex Model IV VGA Driver v.304.43 Certified,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100C(L) Driver v.5.01,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100E Drivers v.694,Way to Update & Download RealTek RTL8101L Auto Installation Program v.6.110 driver,Method to Update & Download RealTek RTL8111G PXE and RPL ROM code v.2.58 driver,How to Update & Download RealTek RTL8411B(N) Driver v.10.003,Best Way to Update & Download ASUS A53SV nVidia Graphics Driver v.188.8.131.5286,Method to Herunterladen ASUS K75VJ Intel Rapid Storage Technology Treiber v.184.108.40.2060,How Can You Update & Download ASUS CG8580 Intel Chipset Driver v.220.127.116.119,Method to Update & Download ASUS K41VD Intel INF Update Driver v.18.104.22.1685,Way to Update & Download ASUS Pro70T NB Probe v.3.0.0026 driver
Read More: control panel is not working Tech Support,How to Fix Error - Connection to Internet Explorer has ended before I decide?,How Can I Fix - Correlation matrix wihout VBA?,Troubleshooter of Error: Crimson red screen when booting up as well as shutting down also in black colors on screen,How to Fix Problem - Copy from Works and paste to an outgoing email?,Closing Internet Explorer causes error,Compare 2 Tables and Calculate the PROFIT Faster,Computer goes to Windows Boot Manager after Start,Connect to one of my network computer remotely when don't allow exception box Marked,computer locking up randomly