Computer using high CPU usage
My computer has been using up a lot of CPU lately, and I'm not even doing anything.
For instance today I turned it on from hibernate and the CPU gauge went up to 100%.
I'm pretty sure I don't have a ton of process's occurring.
Someone please help.
Original Title: too much CPU.
Anwsers to the Problem Computer using high CPU usage
1. Do you face this issue when you launch any specific program or browsing Internet?
2. Did you make any recent changes to your computer?
3. Which is the antivirus program that you are using? Is it properly updated?
4. Did you face this issue earlier as well?
5. Do you get any error messages while booting up the computer?
High CPU issues can be caused by many factors.
Some of them may be:
Third party security applications like Antivirus, Firewalls, etc
Other startup items set to start when you boot your computer
Drivers not compatible with Windows 7
Low System requirements (slow processor, little RAM, etc)
I would suggest you to perform following steps and check with the issue.
Method 1: Run the performance and system maintenance troubleshooter.
Open the Performance troubleshooter
Open the System Maintenance troubleshooter
Method 2: Safe mode
Boot your computer in safe mode and check for the issue.
To start your computer in Safe mode
Method 3: Clean boot.
If you do not face the issue in safe mode, then put your computer in clean boot and check for the issue.
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
Note: Once you are done with clean boot, please follow step 7 in the article to put your computer back to normal startup.
Hope this helps.
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Computer using high CPU usage:
How to Fix Computer using high CPU usage with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: Best Way to Download Satellite L645-SP4004M WinDVD BD for Toshiba v.10.0.6.110 driver,Download Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5057 Wireless LAN Driver v.188.8.131.528.0,Method to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite L650-BT2N22 Web Camera Application v.184.108.40.206 driver,How Can You Update & Download Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7220GR Value Added Package v.1.6.0130.640204 driver,Download Toshiba Satellite Pro L750-SP5176FM Sleep Utility v.1.4.0025.000101 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100C(L) Driver v.5.01,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100E Drivers v.694,Way to Update & Download RealTek RTL8101L Auto Installation Program v.6.110 driver,Method to Update & Download RealTek RTL8111G PXE and RPL ROM code v.2.58 driver,How to Update & Download RealTek RTL8411B(N) Driver v.10.003,Best Way to Update & Download ASUS A53SV nVidia Graphics Driver v.220.127.116.1186,Method to Herunterladen ASUS K75VJ Intel Rapid Storage Technology Treiber v.18.104.22.1680,How Can You Update & Download ASUS CG8580 Intel Chipset Driver v.22.214.171.1249,Method to Update & Download ASUS K41VD Intel INF Update Driver v.126.96.36.1995,Way to Update & Download ASUS Pro70T NB Probe v.3.0.0026 driver
Read More: Troubleshooter of Error: Computer wont run most programs,[Solved] Connected to the internet, but 'No internet access',,[Solved] compressed file opens with internet explorer,How to Resolve - Computer shut down while playing online game.?,Tech Support: Computer getting Blue Screen Crash Help Please,Can't change homegroup sharing permission,Can't connect XP shared printer to Win7 except as a local printer.__,Can You Connect the LAN Adapter for Wii On your Windows 7 Laptop?,Can These Files Be Deleted,Can’t install Microsoft Flight Simulator X Gold Edition error 1722