Denied sharing in Homegroup
I'm having major problems trying to set up a homegroup with three laptops: #1 and #2 are identical Sony VAIOs, #3 is an Acer Ferrari.
I had no problem creating the homegroup on #1 and having #2 and #3 join.
Each time I set the sharing to all possible libraries.
However, when I check the settings, only #2 indicates what I had set originally.
On #1 and #3 my sharing settings are gone!
After again entering the sharing settings again and clicking save, those settings are gone again when I check them.
So I can only access files from #2 on the other computers.
#1 and #3 don't at all appear under Homegroup on the other computers.
And needless to say, I have spent more or less all day checking and double-checking the following:
- That all three computers are running Windows 7, Home Premium edition
- Thant none of the compuers are on a domain network
- That all three computers are on the same wireless network
- That all three computers are joined to the Homegroup
- That all three network locations are set to Home
- That network discovery is turned on for all three computers
- That all three couputers are turned on
- That the Homegroup password hadn't been changed
- That no third party firewalls are installed on any of the computers
- That all three computers are running the same antivirus program (MSE)
- That all required services are running, in particular Peer Networking Grouping and Home Group Provider services
- The only thing I haven't been able to ensure is that all three computers are sharing, but that is because as soon as I set sharing on #1 and #3, the settings disappear the moment after I click save
Grateful for any assistance....
Solutions to the Problem Denied sharing in Homegroup
- Have you checked for the status of “Peer Name Resolution Protocol” service? Is the same started?
I’d suggest you to leave the HomeGroup, restart your computer, and re-join
the HomeGroup and see if that fixes the issue.
Also see: HomeGroup: frequently asked questions
Why can't I access my homegroup?
Additionally, navigate to the following location on your computer and delete all the files
in this folder:
Also ensure that the following services are running:
DNS Client, Function Discovery Resource Publication, SSDP Discovery, Peer Networking Grouping, Peer Name Resolution Protocol, UPnP Device Host services, Homegroup listener, Homegroup provider.
Finally ensure that IPv6 is enabled on all the computers.
Refer this article for instructions on enabling the same: How to disable certain Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) components in Windows Vista,
Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008
Gokul - Microsoft Support
[If this post was helpful, please click the "Vote as Helpful" (green triangle) button.
If it helps in resolving your issue, click "Propose As Answer" or "Mark as Answer" button.
By proposing/marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer
Make Sure that your Computer Meets the System Requirements
Microsoft Windows Requirements :
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
This error can be due to some configuration requirements for you system. If your PC hardware is not up to par, then make sure you upgrade where necessary before continuing.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Denied sharing in Homegroup:
How to Fix Denied sharing in Homegroup with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 6100/nForce 420 WHQL Certified driver v.178.13,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 7600 GS Video Driver v.295.75 Certified,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce 820M Driver v.344.48 WHQL,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 560M VGA Driver v.296.17 Certified,Way to Update & Herunterladen NVidia GeForce GT 130M Video Treiber v.295.75 Certified,How to Update & Download SONY SVE14A1X1RH Realtek Ethernet Driver,Where to Download SONY SVS13A2W9ES Bluetooth Driver (Intel) v.2.6 - 184.108.40.206059,Best Way to Update & Download SONY VGN-CR203E Conexant HDAUDIO SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Setup Program v.220.127.116.11 driver,Best Way to Download SONY VGN-FE790G/N Wireless LAN Driver v.10.6.0.29,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR31Z/S Firmware Extension Parser Device v.18.104.22.168,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error
Read More: Custom settings on MSN page not working. [Solved],How Can You Fix - Delivery status notification -delay Hotmail with Windows 7?,Troubleshooting:deleting browsing history won't stop nor will canceling Error,Solution to Error: Debug a service!,Troubleshooter of Error: Dell popup will not go away?