Embedded Excel 2007 workbook in Word 2007 document won't open. "Excel is not installed" error.
I've seen this same problem frequently on other message boards and there has never been a solution, so I'm hoping that Microsoft is aware of it (they should be) and can address it definitively.
I have a Word 2007 document with an embedded Excel 2007 spreadsheet. When I attempt to open the spreadsheet I get the message: "The program used to create this object is Excel. That program is not installed on your computer.
To edit this object, you must
install a program that can open the object.". Excel is in fact installed. If I have Excel closed when I attempt to open the embedded spreadsheet then Excel actually opens, but then it does not open the embedded workbook and Word immediately gives the above
message after Excel opens.
This is the same problem as is addressed in KB article 960806, except that I do not have "SQL Server 2008 Data Mining Add-ins for Office 2007" installed
I have run MS Office Diagnostics and no errors were reported.
I have "Repaired" the installation from add/remove programs. After I did this the embedded workbook appeared as a
picture in the document and I couldn't even attempt to open it.
I have tried deselecting "ignore DDE" in Excel Options > Advanced > General
I have tried converting the embedding object to a binary object and back again.
The embedded workbook is a macro-enabled workbook, I don't know if it also happens for non-macro-enabled workbooks.
Keys to the Problem Embedded Excel 2007 workbook in Word 2007 document won't open. "Excel is not installed" error.
Had the same issue; disabling Goodle Cloud Connect add-in in both Word and Excel solved it for me.
It might help to try disabling all the installed add-ins.
Manually editing the Windows registry
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, please do not edit the Windows registry manually.
Because of this risk, we highly recommend using a trusted registry cleaner such as SmartPCFixer Using a registry cleaner automates the process of finding invalid registry entries, missing file references (like the one causing your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error), and broken links within the registry. A backup is automatically created before each scan, with the ability to undo any changes in a single click, protecting you against the possibility of PC damage. The best part is that repairing registry errors can also dramatically improve system speed and performance.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
The next steps in manually editing your registry will not be discussed in this article due to the high risk of damaging your system. If you would like to learn more about manual registry editing, please see the links below.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Embedded Excel 2007 workbook in Word 2007 document won't open. "Excel is not installed" error.:
How to Fix Embedded Excel 2007 workbook in Word 2007 document won't open. "Excel is not installed" error. with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: How to Fix 0x7f Bsod Windows Xp Error?,Troubleshoot: Error code 0xf4 Mrxsmb20 Error,Error Message Blue Screen 0x00000020 Fixer,How to Fix Error Foutcode 0x663?,Troubleshooter of Error: Job 0x80072efd Received For Assignment,How To Resolve Missing frgplugs.dll Problem,Solution to jsurl.dll Missing Error,How to Fix libdlltgeometryres.dll Not Found Error,Corrupted Ltwvc13n.dll File - How to Fix,pholder.dll Missing Error Fixer
Read More: Tech Support: emails have disappeared,How to Resolve - emails multiple receipts of sent emails?,How to Fix Error - Emails sutomatically deleting in inbox when deleting the one above?,Troubleshooting:Embedded Excel 2007 worksheet in Word 2007 - Errors when working with the worksheet Error,How Can I Fix - embedded data cannot be displayed?,Does windows have a program to make a photo from a video if so what and where is it?,does windows 7 word pad have a spell checker?,double horizontal lines,Do many desk top icons slow a computer,Does a messy desktop slow down your computer?